Fantasy Postseason, LLC - DMCA Policy
Revised Date: June 1, 2012
Fantasy Postseason respects the intellectual property of others and expects the users of our site to do the same.
It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or DMCA
The address of Fantasy Postseason's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ('Designated Agent') is listed in this policy.
- NOTICE TO OWNERS OF COPYRIGHT WORKS
The DMCA provides a legal procedure by which you can request Fantasy Postseason to disable access to content on its site where your copyrighted work(s)
are appearing without your permission. There are two parts to the legal procedure: (1) Writing a Proper DMCA Notice, and (2) Sending the Proper DMCA Notice to Fantasy
Postseason's Designated Agent.
- WRITING A PROPER DMCA NOTICE
A Proper DMCA Notice will notify Fantasy Postseason of particular facts in a document signed under penalty
of perjury ('Proper DMCA Notice'). To write a Proper DMCA Notice, please provide the following information:
- Identify yourself as either:
- The owner of the copyrighted work(s), or
- A person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work(s).
- Provide your name, street address, telephone number and email address.
- Identify the copyrighted work that you believe is being infringed.
- Identify the material on the Fantasy Postseason site that you claim is infringing your copyrighted work.
- State that you have a good faith belief that use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law.
- State that the information in the notice is accurate, under penalty of perjury.
- Sign the notice with either a physical or electronic signature.
- SENDING THE PROPER DMCA NOTICE TO THE DESIGNATED AGENT
To exercise your DMCA rights, send a Proper DMCA notice to the following agent designated by Fantasy Postseason
(the 'Designated Agent'). The contact information for Fantasy Postseason's Designated Agent is:
- WHAT WE DO WHEN WE RECEIVE A PROPER DMCA NOTICE
Fantasy Postseason will follow the procedures provided in the DMCA, which prescribe a notice and takedown
procedure, subject to the content owner’s right to submit a counter-notification claiming lawful use of the disabled works.
- NOTICE AND TAKEDOWN PROCEDURE
It is expected that all users of any part of the Fantasy Postseason site will comply with applicable
copyright laws. However if Fantasy Postseason is notified of claimed copyright infringement, or otherwise becomes aware of facts and circumstances
from which infringement is apparent, it will respond expeditiously by removing/disabling the infringing material.
Fantasy Postseason will comply with the appropriate provisions of the DMCA in the event a counter-notification is received by its Designated Agent.
- NOTICE TO USERS OF FANTASY POSTSEASON
Pursuant to the Terms of Service you agreed to when you were permitted to become a Fantasy Postseason
user, you are required to use only lawfully-acquired creative works as Fantasy Postseason content, and any links or pages of Fantasy Postseason's
website that contains your content may be disabled upon receipt of notice that infringing material is appearing there. Fantasy Postseason also
respects the legitimate interests of content owners in utilizing media content lawfully, being permitted to present a response to claims of
infringement, and obtaining timely restoration of access to a website that has been disabled due to a copyright complaint. Your site usage
privileges will also be suspended. You may protest a DMCA Notice by submitting a counter-notification as described below.
- WRITING AND SUBMITTING A COUNTER-NOTIFICATION
To write a proper counter-notification, please provide the following information:
- State that access to your Fantasy Postseason account was disabled due to the operation of the Notice and Takedown procedure.
- Identify the material that has been removed and designate its URL prior to removal.
- State, under penalty of perjury:
- Your name, address and telephone number.
- That you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Fantasy Postseason may send a copy of the counter-notice
to the original complaining party stating that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright
owner files an additional complaint against the content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored
in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice (at Fantasy Postseason's discretion).
- SENDING THE COUNTER-NOTIFICATION
To exercise your DMCA rights, you must send your counter-notification to the Designated Agent for Fantasy
Postseason, whose contact information is:
- REPEAT INFRINGERS
Fantasy Postseason may, in its discretion, use all appropriate means to terminate access to its site those users who are repeat infringers.
- SUBMISSION OF MISLEADING INFORMATION
The submission of misleading information of any sort in a notification or counter-notification submitted to Fantasy
Postseason voids any claim of right made by the submitting party.